Building on their impressive performances against Mesa last week and in the opening rounds of the East Valley invitational Tournament last Friday, the Bears earned a victory against one of the most successful tennis programs in Arizona high school tennis.
Basha #4 Chayse Olson had a stellar match, earning a 6-0, 6-2 victory in singles and cruising to an 8-2 victory with partner Katie Mortensen in doubles.
1. Jewel Brundrett (BHS) defeated I. Casenza (MV), 6-1, 6-6 (7-2)
2. Rahgan Jensen (BHS) defeated M. Godfree (MV), 6-3, 6-2
3. Katie Lesueur (BHS) defeated S. Blomquist (MV), 6-6 (7-4), 6-4
4. Chayse Olson (BHS) defeated E. Lewis (MV), 6-0, 6-2
5. Briley Rucker (BHS) defeated H. Bartlett (MV), 6-1, 6-0
6. Katie Mortensen (BHS) defeated L. McAllister (MV), 6-3, 6-2
1. Jensen / Lesueur (BHS) defeated Casenza / Godfree (MV), 8-1
2. Brundrett / Rucker (BHS) defeated Blomquist / Lewis (MV), 8-4
3. Olson / Mortensen (BHS) defeated Bartlett / McAllister (MV), 8-2