Robbery leads to chase, arrest in hospital - East Valley Tribune: News

Robbery leads to chase, arrest in hospital

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:01 pm | Updated: 8:59 pm, Fri Oct 7, 2011.

An armed robbery of a central Phoenix cellular phone store on Thursday ended with a chase and two people arrested, one inside St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center.

Police were still looking for a third suspect in connection with the incident at the Cricket store, 3341 N. 7th Ave.

The suspect is described as a dark-haired, clean-shaven Hispanic male, 18 to 25 years old, about 5-foot-6 to 5-foot 8 in height and heavy-set, weight between 180 and 200 pounds. He was wearing a baggy white T-shirt and blue jeans.

In custody and being questioned by police were a 22-year-old man, Roy Romero, and 21-year-old Andrea Hernandez.

According to Phoenix police, before 11:45 a.m. two men entered the store, demanding money and property from the clerk. When a customer entered, he, too, was forced to the floor at gunpoint.

When a police officer arrived at the store to investigate the call of a robbery in progress, the two suspects, with an undisclosed amount of cash and property, ran out the back. The officers followed, but the suspects fled in a red Chevy Colorado pickup.

The officers gave chase, and the suspects bailed out of the vehicle at 3rd Avenue and Earll Drive. The woman, who had been driving, was caught after a short foot pursuit.

The second suspect was caught immediately after running into the hospital, 350 W. Thomas Road. There was no disruption to hospital operations, police said.

Also being sought by police for questioning was the customer robbed at gunpoint. He is a Hispanic male about 20 to 30 years old, standing 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10 and wearing a white shirt. He is asked to call police at (602) 262-6141.

  • Discuss

Facebook on Facebook

Twitter on Twitter

Google+ on Google+


Subscribe to via RSS

RSS Feeds

Your Az Jobs