Last month, 15,000 people attended an outdoor Easter service to listen to New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow speak. Hundreds of thousands of people tune into CNN each day to listen to groundbreaking coverage by reporter Soledad O’Brien. And millions of lives have been touched by inspirational speakers and authors like Sheena Iyengar and John Maxwell.
For one day and in one East Valley location, you can have the opportunity to learn from these individuals and more through the Chick-fil-A Leadercast, a one-day leadership development event broadcast live from Atlanta and airing locally at Gilbert’s Sun Valley Community Church.
O’Brien and Tebow will be joined by speakers such as Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts, Harvard professor Roland Fryer and Ohio State University football coach Urban Meyer.
This year’s program will focus on the power of choice. The diverse group of internationally-acclaimed authors, leadership experts and practitioners will share insights to help individuals empower and equip others at work, at home and in the community through his or her choices.
I don’t know of any place you can go to hear this level of speaking, covering a myriad of leadership topics. It’s an opportunity to hear quality leaders in a casual setting with like-minded people, and there will be breaks throughout the day for participants to talk about what they have just heard. It’s an opportunity for current and future community leaders to come together to listen to some inspiring individuals.
As local businesswoman, Gayle Schmidt puts it: “I attended last year’s leadercast, and it was amazing!”
Schmidt, owner/franchisee of two Buffalo Wild Wings in Gilbert, plans to attend again this year.
“Not only did I have the opportunity to learn from inspiring individuals, but I was surrounded by people just like me who live in my community and are looking for ways to make a positive impact in our communities.”
I hope you will join us at this inspiring event.
• Soledad O’Brien, anchor and special correspondent for CNN.
• Tim Tebow, NFL quarterback, Heisman Trophy winner and best-selling author.
• Patrick Lencioni, best-selling author and president of The Table Group.
• John Maxwell, leadership expert & best-selling author of “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership.”
• Angela Ahrendts, CEO, Burberry.
• Roland Fryer, professor of economics at Harvard University and CEO of the Education Innovation Laboratory.
• Urban Meyer, Ohio State University football coach
• Andy Stanley, best-selling leadership author and communicator.
• Sheena Iyengar John Maxwell, author of “The Art of Choosing“ and world-renowned expert of choice.
The telecast will air locally from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, May 4, at Sun Valley Community Church, 456 E. Ray Road in Gilbert. Tickets are $79 each and can be purchased at www.GilbertLeadership.com. All tickets include lunch and a copy of “Wealth: Is It Worth It?” by Truett Cathy, founder of Chik-Fil-A restaurants.
Kayla Kolar is the executive director of the Gilbert Historical Museum and the president of Gilbert Leadership.