The owners of Cooper Crossing shopping center, located at the northwest corner of Ray and Cooper roads in Chandler, are hoping to draw a number of new restaurants to their project, which is entering its second phase of construction.
In a letter to the city that accompanied the company’s preliminary design review application, the developers said they are seeking numerous restaurants.
They include a Chipotle, Schlotzsky’s, Paradise Bakery, Miracle Mile Deli, Native New Yorker and Starbucks.
• Posh Nosh, restaurant specializing in a hybrid of American and European cuisine has opened in downtown Mesa.
The restaurant, which has no relation to the British sitcom of the same name, opened its doors at 10 W. Main St.
The owners promote their eatery as having the ambiance and flavors of a high-end restaurant at the speed and price of a fast-food joint.
The 3,000-square-foot restaurant seats about 40 customers and specializes in dishes like pastas, pastries and Cornish pie.
• For Greek and Mediterranean fare, a restaurant called George’s Gyro’s & Pasta also is opening at 205 N. Country Club Drive in Mesa.
• Einstein Bros. Bagels has opened a store at 2925 S. Alma School Road in Chandler. The restaurant serves coffee and freshly-baked bagel sandwiches.
• For Asian dining, Peking Garden, wich serves Chinese cuisine, is opening at 4055 S. Arizona Ave., at the southeast corner of Ocotillo Road and Arizona Avenue, in Chandler.
• A pastry shop for dogs, Poochie’s Patisserie, will open in early February at 1085 W. Queen Creek Road, which is located in the Falls at Ocotillo center at the corner of Alma School and Queen Creek roads in Chandler.
WAL-MART TO OPEN
East Mesa is getting a new Wal-Mart Supercenter at 1606 S. Signal Butte Road.
The store is scheduled to open Monday.