Arizona Mills mall in Tempe has a slew of new shops to check out.
Some are even firsts for the state, including KuKuRuZa, which sells old-fashioned sodas along with many flavored popcorn varieties in a 1920s-era setting.
Another Arizona Mills statewide exclusive is Fashion Day Spa, offering massages, facials, nail services and other spa treatments.
Lids hawks officially licensed and branded ballcaps including collegiate, MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL and other specialty categories.
Within the next few weeks, watch for a trio of new stores to please teens and young adults with various looks and tastes.
K-momo, expected to open in late April, will sell highquality hip-hop clothing.
Zumiez, coming in May, caters to the skater crowd with clothing, shoes and gear for skateboarders, snowboarders and wannabes.
Billabong, also arriving in late April, features surf and swim apparel and accessories.
For the home-owning crowd, a new store without an official moniker yet plans to sell Sears-brand appliances at value prices.
It’s coming to the Tempe mall later in the year.
MORE MALL NEWS
• At Fiesta Mall in Mesa, Gordon’s Jewelers plans a cookies, punch, and extra discounts party April 24 to celebrate the store’s return to center court.
• At Superstition Springs Center in Mesa, teen favorite The Buckle is open. Wetzel Pretzel and Bourbon Street Grille are coming within a month.
• Matchstix is smokin’ at Chandler Fashion Center’s Boulevard Shops. Aerospotale opens in the enclosed mall in May.
• Gloria Jean’s Coffee is perking at Paradise Valley Mall.
• At Hilton Village in Scottsdale, Essentials & More moved into larger space a couple of doors down from its previous spot.
• A Red Robin at Scottsdale 101, Loop 101 and Scottsdale Road on the Phoenix-Scottsdale border, was slated for a summer debut but snuck open early. Panda Express and Subway are also satisfying taste buds of Scottsdale 101 shoppers.
• Also new at Scottsdale 101 — Bead It and Coming Event Maternity.
• Creative Hands Studio, a paint-your-own-pottery shop, plans to open in May in Gilbert Town Square, on the southwest corner of Warner and Gilbert roads.
If you have a new shop to tell us about or you see activity at a retail location
and are wondering what’s happening, let us know.