About 165 miles of state highways are still closed because of wildfires burning across Arizona or due to the threat of wildfires. ADOT lists the following closures on state highways:
• US 180 is closed between Nutrioso and the New Mexico state line (mileposts 419-433).
• US 191 is closed between Alpine and north of Clifton (milepost 176-253).
• State Routes 261 (mileposts 395-413) and 273 (mileposts 378-394), the main access roads to Big Lake and Crescent Lake in the White Mountains, are closed.
• SR 373 that connects the town of Greer with SR 260 west of Eagar is closed (mileposts 386-391).
• In southern Arizona, SR 92 is closed between Hereford Road and Palominas Road (mileposts 329-340) due to the Monument Fire southeast of Sierra Vista. Hereford and Palominas connect for a detour route.
• SR 366 is closed at milepost 118 leading up to Mount Graham (milepost 143) near Safford after the U.S. Forest Service determined the risk of wildfire is too extreme to allow access.
Up-to-date highway conditions can be found at the ADOT Traveler Information Center: www.az511.gov or call 5-1-1.