Beginning Aug. 6, nine Phoenix Public Library locations will offer expanded hours of service. Burton Barr Central Library, 1221 N. Central Ave., will open at 9 a.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Eight other locations will be open until 9 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. These locations are:
• Agave Library, 23550 N. 36th Ave.
• Cesar Chavez Library, 3635 W. Baseline Road
• Cholla Library, 10050 Metro Parkway East
• Ironwood Library, 4333 E. Chandler Blvd.
• Juniper Library, 1825 W. Union Hills Drive
• Palo Verde Library, 4402 N. 51st Ave.
• Saguaro Library, 2808 N. 46th St.
• Yucca Library, 5648 N. 15th Ave.
Hours were expanded at the request of the city manager and the approval of mayor and City Council during the most recent budget process. These locations were chosen to provide greater access to library services throughout the city. For more information, call (602) 262-4636 or visit www.phoenixpubliclibrary.org.
• Briefs compiled from staff and wire reports