Tempe teen pleads guilty in explosive device case - East Valley Tribune: Tempe

Tempe teen pleads guilty in explosive device case

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 11:25 am

A 19-year-old Tempe man accused of having an improvised explosive device in his bedroom in his family's home has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charge of disorderly count.

Joshua Prater had previously been charged with misconduct involving weapons, but a Maricopa County Superior Court spokeswoman says he pleaded guilty to the reduced charge Wednesday.

Police have said a cleaning woman in May 2013 found the device inside the home and took it to a fire station.

Firefighters notified police, and the bomb squad responded and disabled the device.

© 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

More about

More about

More about

  • Discuss
Your Az Jobs