A sprinkler system made quick work of an early morning fire inside the Arizona State University Memorial Union on the Tempe campus.
A fire department spokesman tells KNXV-TV someone left something on the stove in the basement of the Memorial Union.
Sprinklers kept the fire under control until firefighters arrived.
There is some water damage.
No injuries were reported.
A fire in November 2007 caused extensive damage inside the Memorial Union. Investigators say that fire began in a storage closet and spread across the second and third floors.