The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality has issued an ozone health watch for Tuesday.
A health watch is issued when ozone levels may approach federal health standards. Ozone is an invisible gas created when other pollutants in the air are heated by the sun. Tuesday's ozone health watch follows health watches issued Friday and Saturday.
Ozone can aggravate existing health conditions such as asthma or upper respiratory disease.
ADEQ asks users to follow the tips below:
· Avoid waiting in long drive-thru lines, for example, at coffee shops, fast-food restaurants or banks. Park your car and go inside.
· Unplug unused appliances.
· Fuel your vehicle after dark or during cooler evening hours.
· Connect your outdoor lights to a timer or use solar lighting.
· Learn more about air pollution at www.CleanAirMakeMore.com
· To find a carpool or vanpool visit Valley Metro: www.ValleyMetro.org or call (602) 253-5000.