Trial to resume Tuesday in missing 'Baby Gabriel' case - East Valley Tribune: Public Safety

Trial to resume Tuesday in missing 'Baby Gabriel' case

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 12:11 pm

The trial of an Arizona woman charged with criminal wrongdoing in her child's disappearance is set to resume Tuesday.

Prosecutors finished presenting their case against Elizabeth Johnson earlier this month.

Defense attorneys will be given the opportunity to present evidence.

Johnson pleaded not guilty to charges of kidnapping, custodial interference and conspiracy to commit custodial inference in the December 2009 disappearance of her then-8-month-old son, Gabriel.

Authorities say Johnson told the boy's father that she killed Gabriel and dumped him in a trash bin in San Antonio, Texas.

She later recanted and told police that she gave the baby to a couple at a San Antonio park, but she never provided names.

Police don't know if the boy is still alive.

They searched a landfill, but no body was found.

© 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

More about

More about

More about

  • Discuss

Video: Wilkins Learning Center's Success with Best of Gilbert

Business has soared at the Wilkins Learning Center after being named "Best Preschool" in the E...

Your Az Jobs