Lightning sparks house fire in Gilbert - East Valley Tribune: Public Safety

Lightning sparks house fire in Gilbert

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:19 am

Officials say a house fire in Gilbert Tuesday night was sparked by lightning

Assistant Fire Chief Vance Gray said the fire at the home near Higley and Riggs roads was called in by a passerby around 10:30 p.m.

Gray said lightning struck the roof of the semi-custom home and when the first firefighters arrived they found flames and smoke coming from the roof.

Crews were able to contain the fire to the room where it had spread, Gray said.

There was extensive damage to that room because firefighters had to pull down the ceiling to make sure the fire was out.

No one was home at the time.

More about

More about

More about

  • Discuss

[Sponsored] Terri's Consignment: Divorce the sofa

Your Az Jobs