Twelve treated for exposure to ammonia in Chandler - East Valley Tribune: Chandler

Twelve treated for exposure to ammonia in Chandler

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:05 am

Authorities say a dozen people have been treated for exposure to ammonia after a chemical leak at the Intel campus in Chandler.

Chandler Fire Department officials say 10 people were treated at the scene Monday afternoon and two people were taken to a hospital for treatment.

Nearly 20 fire trucks and hazardous materials crews responded to the microchip making company's plant.

Fire officials were called at 1:30 p.m. after a construction crew struck a pipe carrying ammonia while they were working on renovations.

More about

More about

  • Discuss

Attorney General Forum - Question 1

Attorney General candidates Republican Mark Brnovich and Democrat Felecia Rotellini debate at ...

Your Az Jobs