Citing an inability to book headline acts by a deadline, organizers say the Tempe Music Festival has been canceled for this year.
The outdoor event had been scheduled for April 9 and 10 at Tempe Beach Park.
Festival co-founder Ken Koziol said Wednesday that his Scottsdale-based Arizona Event Co. was unable to lock up two key headliners by a Feb. 5 deadline, so he decided to pull the plug.
But Koziol says organizers plan to stage a 2011 version of the festival, which has drawn more than 20,000 music fans to Tempe Beach Park in recent years.
The event has featured such high-profile acts as Kid Rock, Fergie, John Mayer, the Fray, Jeff Beck, 3 Doors Down and the B-52s since it began in 2003 and has contributed more than $1 million to Arizona charities.