The Tempe Police Department, working with the Governor's Office of Highway Safety, will participate in an enforcement safety campaign Monday through Sunday.
The focus of this holiday safety campaign is to reduce collisions at the city's top 10 collision locations. During the enforcement campaign, drivers can expect to see traffic officers out in full force.
Highly visible traffic operations have been found to reduce crime and provide additional measures of security for the surrounding neighborhoods and businesses.
These are the top intersections for collisions in Tempe for 2011 (through Dec. 5):
* Rural Road and University Drive (68)
* Rural and Broadway roads (68)
* Rural Road and Southern Avenue (59)
* McClintock Drive and Broadway Road (37)
* Priest Drive and Elliot Road (36)
* Rural and Baseline roads (35)
* 48th Street and Broadway Road (35)
* I-10 and Baseline Road (28).