Here is a look at parking and traffic restrictions for the Parade of Lights and annual Tumbleweed Tree Lighting events in Chandler on Saturday (Dec. 7).
Click here for a map showing street closures and parking options.
If rain is predicted, call the Special Events Hotline at (480) 782-2735 throughout the day Saturday for updates.
Arizona Avenue will be closed from 3:30 to 10 p.m. at Chandler Boulevard from the north, and at Frye Road from the south. For through traffic, drivers should use Alma School Road to the west or McQueen Road to the east as alternatives.
The route of the Parade of Lights will start on the corner of Arizona Avenue and Frye Road. Changes to this year’s pre-parade staging area will require traffic restrictions along Fry Road from Arizona Avenue east to Delaware Street from 3:30 to 10 p.m.
Several other smaller streets in the downtown area will also be closed or restricted during the festivities:
6:30 a.m. street closures
• No street parking along Arizona Avenue from Chandler Boulevard to Frye Road
• San Marcos Place at Buffalo Street
• San Marcos Place on the south side of Commonwealth Avenue
• Commonwealth Avenue on the east side of The Alley (west of San Marcos Place)
• Arizona Place at Buffalo Street
• Arizona Place at Boston Street
3:30 p.m. street closures
• Arizona Ave. from Chandler Blvd. to Frye Rd.
• Buffalo Street at Washington Street (west side)
• Boston Street just prior to the eastern entrance to the First Credit Union Parking Structure (east of Washington Street)
• Washington Street and Frye Road (north side)
• Chicago Street and Wall Street (east side)
• Chicago Street and Delaware Street (west side)
• Boston Street and Arizona Ave. (west side)
• Buffalo Street and Oregon Street (east side, with hotel entrance open)
6:30 p.m. street closures
• Delaware Street at Frye Road (west side)
• Washington St. at Elgin Street (north side)
• Colorado Street at Elgin St.
• Frye Road at Arizona Ave. (west side, with a single right turn lane only)
• Arizona Avenue at Frye Road (south side)
• Arizona Avenue northbound traffic detour at Elgin Street for east or west bound traffic to Frye Road
There are several free parking options available in the downtown area, including two large parking garages and several surface lots:
Chandler City Hall Parking Structure at 240 S. Washington Street (accessible via Delaware to Chicago streets)
(Due to the expanded parade route, access to the Chandler City Hall parking garage at Washington Street north of Frye Road will be partially restricted this year. It will be open prior to 6:30 p.m., closed during the Parade of Lights, and re-opened after 8:30 p.m. Exiting this garage will be prohibited while the parade is taking place.)
Chandler Office Center Parking Structure on Buffalo Street, east of Arizona Avenue (accessible via Washington, Colorado and Delaware streets)
First Credit Union Parking Structure on Boston Street, east of Arizona Ave. (accessible via Delaware Street)
Transportation & Development Department Parking Lot at 215 E. Buffalo Street (accessible via Washington, Colorado and Delaware streets)
Chandler Public Library Parking Lot at 22 S. Delaware Street
Public Parking Lot 6 at northwest corner of Chicago Street and Arizona Ave. (accessible via Frye Road and Oregon Street)
Public Parking Lot 7 at northwest corner of Chicago Street and Oregon Street (accessible via Frye Road and Oregon or California streets)
Public Parking Lot 8 at southwest corner of Chandler Boulevard and Arizona Avenue (accessible via Chandler Blvd. and Oregon Street)
Chandler High School parking lots (accessible from Chandler Blvd. at California Street)
Disabled Parking (placard or plate required) is on the corner of Boston Street and San Marcos Place (enter from Frye Road via California Street). Please Note: there is limited disabled parking and parade seating. Availability is on a first come, first served basis.