The Arizona Restaurant Association will host its first Ultimate Burrito Showdown on March 27.
The competition will begin with “Sloppy 16” where burrito fanatics will be able to cast their vote for Arizona’s Best Burrito.
The Ultimate Burrito Showdown will have other competitions including the Edible 8, Flavorful Four and the final championship bracket on April 7. The best burritos from Sedona to Tucson will go head-to-head on Facebook to gather the most votes.
Facebook users will be able to submit their predictions for the Elite 8, Flavorful 4 and championship match ups to win prizes from the Arizona Restaurant Association and Arizona Office of Tourism on March 25 and 26.
Match ups will be announced daily. The list of restaurants chosen to compete in the Ultimate Burrito Showdown are:
• Carolina’s, Phoenix - Machaca Burrito
• Molina’s Midway, Tucson - Crazy Burro
• Los Dos Molinos, Phoenix & Mesa - Green Chile Burrito
• Barrio Queen, Scottsdale - Barrio Pollo Burrito
• Blanco Tacos, Phoenix & Scottsdale - Machaca Burrito
• Crescent Ballroom, Phoenix - Al Pastor Burrito
• Joyride Taco House, Gilbert - The Beast
• Someburros, Statewide - Breakfast Burritos
• Javelina Cantina, Sedona - Super Burrito
• BLD, Chandler - Short Rib Breakfast Burrito
• America’s Taco Shop, Valleywide - Carne Asada Burrito
• Otro Café, Phoenix - Carne Asada Burrito
• The Original Burrito Co., Ahwatukee - Barbacoa Burrito
• Chino Bandido, Phoenix & Chandler - Jade Chicken Burrito
• Carlsbad Tavern, Scottsdale - Carne Adovado
• SOL Cocina, Scottsdale - Chipotle Shrimp Grilled Burrito
For more information on Arizona Restaurant Week, visit www.facebook.com/arizonarestaurantweek.