LOS ANGELES - Tommy Lee was burned Wednesday when a pyrotechnics stunt went wrong at a Motley Crue concert in Casper, Wyo. Lee was taken to a hospital for treatment, but wasn't badly hurt, said Sgt. Doug Beran of the Casper Police Department.
Beran declined to discuss details of Lee's injuries, citing privacy considerations.
The 43-year-old drummer, who was injured toward the end of the band's set, played one more song before the concert was cut short, Beran said.
Tom Morton, a reporter for the Casper Star-Tribune, said Lee appeared to be injured when sparks began flying as he swung above the stage suspended from a wire, back and forth among several drum sets.
Another witness, Del Kinswoman, described the pyrotechnics as Roman candles.
A spokeswoman for the Wyoming Medical Center said she had no information on Lee. The rocker's Los Angeles-based publicist didn't immediately return a phone message left Thursday morning.
Motley Crue had performances scheduled Friday in Bismarck, N.D.; Saturday in Rapid City, S.D.; and Sunday in Sioux City, Iowa, according to their Web site.
One hundred people died in February 2003 when pyrotechnics sparked a blaze at a West Warwick, R.I., club where rock band Great White was performing.