This is the time of year I break out the glue gun and whip up a little something for a friend or neighbor to say happy holidays.
I love looking through all of the holiday magazines and making quick and easy holiday projects.
For some people, crafts come easily — others would rather have a root canal. So many people tell me they want to be creative, but they’re intimidated by the thought of making something. Well, I’m here to tell you that it’s really not you — you just don’t have the right tools.
So, here’s a list of must-haves:
• Glue gun — Include a package of extra-long glue sticks.
• Scissors — There’s nothing like a good, sharp pair of scissors.
• Paintbrushes — Buy them by the package. You should have everything from a liner to a flat wide brush.
• X-Acto knife — It doesn’t have to be expensive but it does have to be sharp.
• Small wire cutter — You’ll be surprised what you can do with one of these tools.
• Paint pens — I like the ones by Deco Art. I use them as much as I use paint.
• Sponge brushes — They come in a variety of sizes.
E-mail me pictures of your creations!
"On the Go with Terri O" airs 3:30 p.m. Saturdays on KTVK-TV (Channel 3).
Terri O welcomes questions and comments from readers. Send mail to Terri O, c/o Tribune Features Dept., 120 W. First Ave., Mesa AZ 85201.