The poet Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote about flowers being the world’s laughter. They bring beauty and joy to our lives, and they can do the same for our homes.
Homeowners who want to integrate fresh flowers into their decor have options:
• Arrange your own fresh flowers.
• Go online and have live floral arrangements delivered.
• Work with a professional floral designer.
“Simple, or scaled up, once a customer decides what styles they want for fresh flower decor, we can design arrangements that fit their specific needs,” says Kristina Dyrr, vice president of Cactus Flower in northeast Phoenix.
That includes helping customers solve “floral issues” they might have, as well as designing props and vases that homeowners bring into the store.
Designing with fresh flowers requires some care.
Dyrr says it’s easy to keep flowers looking beautiful and fresh longer.
• Keep the water clean and clear. “Murky water means bacteria,” she says, “and once bacteria form in the water, it gets into the stems. This prevents proper flow of nutrients to the flower, so keep the water clean.”
• Use the flower food that often comes with a floral arrangement.
• Keep arrangements away from direct sunshine, heat sources and the direct line of air-conditioning vents.
7077 E. Bell Road Phoenix
Other East Valley locations in Tempe, Mesa, Ahwatukee Foothills.
Flowers Direct www.flowersdirect.com