The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality has issued an ozone health watch for Friday.
A health watch is issued when ozone levels may approach federal health standards. Ozone is an invisible gas created when other pollutants in the air are heated by the sun.
The state encourages residents to take steps during an ozone health watch:
· Avoid waiting in long drive-thru lines, for example, at coffee shops, fast-food restaurants or banks. Park your car and go inside.
· Unplug unused appliances.
· Fuel your vehicle after dark or during cooler evening hours.
· Learn more about air pollution at www.CleanAirMakeMore.com
· To find a carpool or vanpool visit Valley Metro: www.ValleyMetro.org or call (602) 253-5000.